melaus

Think Different!

06 August 2010

Release of CE Results



We are lucky to become the last group of students studying the HKCEE syllabus and be able to experience all the ups and downs during the last two years. It has been a tough task, especially to those who studied nine subjects in such short period of time. We all worked together to achieve the results we received yesterday. It might not be what we expected, but boy, it is all over. We can now relax for another while before we start to prepare for our upcoming challenges − whether it is the HKALE, the IB syllabus, or the GCE A-Level Examinations.

CEE is just the beginning of hard-working and perseverance. Most of us have a more important goal, that is, to enter into the University to study what we like and interested in. We should never give up, no matter what others said. Some people like putting off you no matter how you did − good or bad, expectedly well or unexpectedly horrible. We should always ignore such sayings, and simply believe in ourselves, have faith and confidence, in order to get what we think is the best for us. Our future is in our hands and shall we never be discouraged or disrupted by anyone.

Yesterday, I went to the Gymnasium to experience the registration procedures. The marks requirement started to decrease while the vacancy number decreased much faster. Though I was not applying, I was feeling the frustration that some of my friends were getting. They could just merely meet the minimum marks requirement and even had to compete for places in individual classes. Life is horrible and tough in Hong Kong. Luckily, most of them were able to reenter their mother school, St Paul’s College.

Nothing is easy in life, not even studying. The saying “no pain, no gain” my mother always refer to is pretty true when looking back at events. If I did not work hard in the two A subjects, I would not have had gained an A for both of them. This is very true in life and that we should always bare in mind, “no pain, no gain”.

After the publication of the Graduation Book, I fully understand that sorrow and sadness always come in mind when our hard work has not been recognised by people we think that are important to us. This always happens as every human has their own minds and way of working. Perfection might be the standard of “okay” in some people’s eyes, while passing an examination might be already “amazing” to some. We just have different perceptions, therefore we should not haggle over whether you are right or the other person is.

In two weeks’ time, I will go study abroad in the UK. I believe it would be a wonderful experience and that I could learn more and broaden my horizons. However, leaving friends in Hong Kong is not an easy task. I will have to readapt to a foreign land that I have never been to; I will have to make new friends and start a new page in my life. Even though I will come back to Hong Kong during the Half-term Break in October, I feel frustrated and insecure in many ways. I will never forget anyone of you, especially those who have been supportive throughout the years.

St Paul’s College influenced me a lot. I had met some great teachers and they inspired me a lot. I remembered my first day at St Paul’s, most probably every single day I spent at St Paul’s. I conclude my life at St Paul’s to be cheerful and enjoyable, even though there were quite some harsh times throughout the years.

St Paul’s makes me loving Choir more than ever, and I will definitely continue participating in choral activities even though I am not a St Paul’s student anymore from this day onwards. Thank you Mrs Ng, thank you Mr Fu for giving me great opportunities. Even though I am not going to be a student of St Paul’s again, I always believe in the saying, “once a Pauline, forever a Pauline”.


Alan

0 comments: