melaus

Think Different!

02 April 2010

Feelings after Last Day



It’s been some while ago that I updated my blog. March was an exhausting and busy month, packed with examinations and music competitions. I might not have had been paid enough focus for studying for the CE examinations, due to the endless amount of practices and competitions, but I am ready now.

Taking about the busy March 2010, I was glad that my interest, passion and dedication towards music activities is still very high. I participated in many music activities offered by the school despite the upcoming important CE examinations which put tens of thousands of people in chaos. I could not give up singing as an interest, and my ability to contribute to the school. This might sound a bit insane, especially for this critical year, but I think I did the right decisions.

Learning is an endless activity in life, and can be achieved probably by taking part in any events. Being united and dedicated is definitely the most important thing I learnt through these activities. A team will never be the same team even if one person was absent or simply did not attend the practice, or any other events. Everything would be different if not everyone was present. It is therefore very important to bear in mind that as a part of a team, responsibility is not only confined to being very focus and do your utmost during the whole course of a practice, but to attend practices. Attendance makes a great different in the final results.

Inevitably, it is very true that St. Paul’s has been declined in a number of areas, including music, sports and even academically, in the recent years. But, one thing that does not change is the spirit that all students of the College have. This might not be able to be observed through their general actions. This was proven in this year’s St. Paul’s Senior Choir. No one would have thought, neither did I, that students could be that focused and dedicated, and aiming at the same goal, when the competitions were drawing nearer and nearer. On the competition day, everyone were touched and felt that the choir was a team, but not many scattered individuals. People in the choir, including me, would unavoidably agree with this. By retaining and propagating this spirit and put this spirit in the daily activities of students, teachers and the principal, personally, I think this can reinvigorate those who are disappointed by the current status of the college and think that the College would be declined to a stage that was unimaginable.

Four years ago, I entered St. Paul’s as an intermediate-admitted student. Life during St. Paul’s for the first month or so was a bit tough, as things were very different than what I had expected and were totally different than my previous secondary school. Fortunately, I was able to meet some amazing teachers. I was lucky to have a very kind and funny form teacher, and met an ardent music teacher who now becomes the teacher that I appreciate the most in my secondary school life. Friends met at St. Paul’s are also fabulous. I have a great time with a lot of them, and they greatly enlightened my secondary school life. They are who grow with me at the College of St. Paul’s which I am delighted and thrilled to have them as my friends.

Within a few weeks’ time, I will take my first CE examination. This will definitely be a whole new experience for me, as I have to deal with great challenges before, during and after the CE examinations. Even though these examinations are self-dependent where results are proportionate to the hard work you have put in, I know I am not alone, as my friends are all there supporting me during the whole course of the event.

Now, as a pre-form five graduate who is going to take the last CE examinations of Hong Kong, I am going to work very hard so to not let those who care me down. Challenges are to be faced and solved rather than to be hidden or to escape. Let us all work together and get great results that would greatly help our future!


Alan

0 comments: