melaus

Think Different!

02 July 2012

Last Day



Wow, two years have gone past so quickly! I still remembered the first day arriving at Burnaby, when I was showed to my room and knew that the stinky Zak would be my roommate (luckily, just for half a term...)! Today, it is my last full day at Burnaby House and Bedford School. I'd like to share some of my views and the three important people I met during these two years. (I really hope that my present still matters in your lives as we grow older.)

I was lucky to have known this hard-working lad in the very first week at the house. We still maintain a good-friend relationship, and really, he is the only real friend I've met at Burnaby House, and probably Bedford School (how sad...). It was such a great joy having him around, and being able to annoy him and talk about everything that came straight to mind, without having to think about whether that was the "correct" thing to say...

The first year was great. Second year started with me becoming the Head of House. I think, in this environment, I led the house quite well especially with my work in House Singing. Of course, I could have done it more neatly and nicely, but I did everything I could and brought us a third. The experience was brilliant, and boy, it's hard to be a choir leader, particularly when people were not being very cooperative. The congratulations I received after the competition was astounding. It was like that ten minutes on stage made everyone in the school knows about me, and would call me by name, from friends to day housemates, and even the Headmaster. How amazing!

But, as expected, it's not all romantic. Life in the second year was quite tough, when all people's real faces were revealed. I hate it when I have to think whether saying something would get a shit response and get them pissed. I could no longer stand anymore about the Japanese team singers (puking) or games like Pokemon (-0-), as if they were so interesting that we should care about that. I can't care less! I did, at last, left them alone and let them enjoy their "constructive and interesting" conversations!! Relieved!

I was excited when they left the School as I wouldn't ever have to see them again. Really, I couldn't speak their language. Mentioning academic, any amount, would piss them off and make them felt I'm showing off; listening to them talk is worse than physical torture. Lesson learnt, and I won't allow something similar to happen again in uni nor at work in the future!

It was a surprise that you approached me out of nowhere! I heard a lot of you and wished to meet you, which I considered to be impossible. It was a great shock but also joy, as you might be able to see through the conversations. I made some missteps, but boy, you know, I just couldn't be happier when I found out that there's actually someone who cares about me, who would want to know more about me! You enlightened my life here at Bedford! Don't you know it's something new to me for someone whose not my relatives calling me brother? If I seemed ignoring that, I can tell you I'm not, it's just that I don't know how to react. It's a new concept to me. And it does matter!

I can't tell you how much I miss you, yes, at this moment, even if you talk less and less to me these days. I am the kind of people who really need to talk and share the smallest things of life with people whom I care. It feels comforting and make me feel a sense of safeness, which I always need. I hope you can do more of this and I will still be a priority in your busy life. (When you say you are busy, I never doubt it, even if it's apparently not the case...) I just can't tell you how much I miss you! Somehow, I do feel quite bad when you just didn't talk to me. I don't know why... It feels like being ignored, even if that's not what you intend to do (I hope). Maybe chatting makes me feel that people care about me, that's why it would be great if you could do more of that. I do treat and "admire"!you as my brother and I hope you still think I am one of your sai lo 's, will you? (If you do, a good way to do this is to accept my fb bro request...!! Lol I didn't remove you, but somehow when I edited the list and saved it, the bro status was gone...)

It is such a different environment to study at Bedford. People are just not as close together as they should in secondary schools. This makes me feel particularly uncomfortable. If this is called "independent", I'd rather there's no independence. Even if I am a highly adaptive person, I find it very difficult to live on in this way. I am still adapting to this new environment definition of friends, and it seems like it will take a very long time for me to be comfortable about this...

However, I did meet this naughty young boy which I made him my sai lo! He is filled with energy and just being how a teenager should be! (The craziness...!) He is definitely my "long-lost" brother as he has the same birth date (not the same year though) as my real younger brother! What a coincidence! I just want to protect him in every way I can! It is unfortunately, though, I didn't try to know more and talk more to him until a few weeks before the final half-term, but that's life, isn't it. Please allow me to protect you. It's just amazing that I knew you! Don't make me worry about you please...! I don't know what more to say than - I love you, bro!!!! ;)

Bedford is an interesting place. There are many shops but there's just nothing in them! The number of barbers is astounding in this small town. There are some great quality of food around the place, and some interesting people living in Bedford. Even if I hadn't make a lot of friends at this school, nor could I say I absolutely enjoyed school life here, I feel uneasy to say goodbye and leave the School. There is a reason why I'm here, be it that my mother studied at Bedford High, and SPC is on Bonham Road (the associated day house to Burnaby is called Bromham), or that my best friend is currently studying in the town of Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada! It's been two years living in this place, and it is impossible for anyone to have no feeling about it. I wish everyone in the School the very best, and I will definite come back and visit the place!



AL

0 comments: