melaus

Think Different!

14 April 2012

Death

What is death all about? For people who trust in God, they say the dead will get to heaven; those who trust in the Buddah believes they will "overcome life"; for their families and friends, it's sorrow and grief.

It all started one afternoon when I read a piece of news mentioning a name that has an impression on me. It is one of those names that is classic and hinders a bit of rustiness. I was already studying at St Paul's by then, but it still caught my eyes. The story went like this: he was enjoying some basketball after a day of examination in the summer at Southorn Playground. It was a normal day, and my friends were playing as usual with him. He wasn't particularly a fit and sportive person, but hadn't any major disease. However, all of a sudden, he collapsed.

He never wakes up again.

I couldn't image how shock my friends who were there felt at that moment. If I were there and were close with him, I would be devastated. Having anyone close with me leaving suddenly would put me in unimaginable state. I don't know how I would be able to cope with it.

For the past 4 years, it seems like my friends are dealing with it pretty well. Their posts on Facebook are all positive and filled with hope. It might had been a tough time, especially to his family who thought he had many more years living in this world.

Even though I only had a vague image of how you looked, and we spent only a year studying together, it was a pleasure when I think back at the old days. We came from different primary schools and it was such a different environment than that I was used to. We had a great year together. I was lucky.

Death seems far away, but it could be as close as the next instance. Do whatever you think is right, say whatever your heart speaks to you, and show how you feel. Don't wait. I wish him the very best wherever he currently is, and let's commemorate him in a way where any dead people would want to see - happiness.


AL

0 comments: